One Tray Philly Cheesesteak
How to make the perfect Philly Cheesesteak with just one tray!
- 500g skirt/flank steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 50ml olive oil
- 200g chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Sub Rolls
- Place steak on a baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Marinade in dijon/worcestershire/olive oil for 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, combine pepper, onions and mushrooms, and add olive oil and salt and pepper, stir to combine and place around the outside of the steak and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Then transfer to the grill and grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the steak off the tray, and slice into very thin slices, then put it back on the tray, mixing the steak and veggies together. Push the steak and veggies to one side of the tray, split your rolls and place at the other side of the tray.
- Cover the meat and veggies with the provolone slices and place back into the oven for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Load up the rolls with the cheese, steak and veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fries and sauces and enjoy!