Cheese and Onion Crisps
Upgrade your favourite crisps into something even better
- 4 baked potato skins
- 1 large white onion
- 20 grams butter
- 50 grams parmesan
- 4 spring onions
- Preferably by baking the potato, bake your onion (skin on). Alternatively you could chuck your onion in a fire pit for 1/2 an hour for ultimate smokey results (this would be called a dirty onion). Peel the onion, the flesh should be soft and slightly golden.
- In a pan with a lid melt your butter.
- Set a small piece of clean wood on fire and wait until it blackens. Put in a small dish and put in pan with butter. Put the lid on the pan and let the smoke infuse the butter.
- Blend the butter with the onion flesh to make a puree.
- Slice your spring onions lengthways and put in cold water until they start to curl.
- Grate the parmesan onto a sheet of greaseproof and cook at 200*C until golden and like a biscuit.
- Cut potato skins into rough triangles and deep fry on high until golden. Salt and top with onion puree, parmesan crisp and spring onion.