- 1 Orange
- 4 chicken wings
- 4 thighs Chicken
- Thumb size piece Ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 100 grams plain flour
- 500 milliliters vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Zest and juice the orange into a large bowl. Finely grate in the ginger and add the honey and rice vinegar. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and set aside. The chicken can either be left to marinade overnight or at least 20 minutes. In a large frying pan, heat the oil until it's around 180. You can test this by adding a small piece of bread and seeing if it crisps immediately.
- Place the flour into a shallow dish with a good pinch of salt. Individually lightly coat the chicken in the flour and then place in the oil. Cook the chicken on either side for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy. Repeat until all the chicken is done.
- Place in 180c oven for 18-20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and perfectly cooked through.