- 300 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters orange soda (Fanta)
- 11/2 packs jelly cubes (200g)
- Up to 300 milliliters boiling water
- 400-600 milliliters double cream
- Sifted icing sugar, to taste,
- Orange sprinkles
- Orange sweets/ fresh orange
- In a large bowl beat together the caster sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure they are well combined after each addition.
- Sift over the flour, salt and baking powder and beat until almost combined. Pour over the milk and continue mixing. Scrape down the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour in the orange soda and mix until combined. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking tray lined with baking paper and place into a pre-heated oven at 190C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave sponge to cool slightly before poking holes all over the sponge using a bamboo stick.
- Break jelly into cubes and place them into a heat proof bowl. Pour over the boiling water and stir until the jelly cubes have all dissolved.
- Leave to cool slightly before pouring evenly over the poked sponge.
- Allow the sponge to cool to room temperature before covering with tin foil and leaving in the fridge over night.
- To make the sweetened cream, whip up the double cream to soft peaks adding in enough icing sugar to desired sweetness
- Spread over the chilled sponge and decorate with sprinkles and sliced orange. Enjoy :D