Ovenless Cake 4 Ways
Don't have an oven but still craving cake? Here's 4 easy ways to bake a cake without one!
- 1 x box devils food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 230ml water
- 120ml vegetable oil
- (STEAMED VERSION) - Grease and line a 20cm spring form cake tin and fill with the cake mix.
- Place a bamboo steamer over a pan of boiling water and place the cake tin into the steamer. Cover with the lid and steam for 20 - 25 minutes until the cake is risen and cooked through.
- (FRYING PAN) - Grease and line the bottom of a 20cm cast iron frying pan then pour in the cake mix.
- Cover the top of the cake with another sheet of greased parchment that is approx 2” bigger than pan and cover with a lid.
- Cook on a very low heat for 20 mins, then flip onto a plate - like a spanish omelette, place back in the pan and cover with the lid again to cook for a further 5 mins.
- (SLOW COOKER) - Lightly grease the bowl of your slow cooker and line with a circle of greaseproof paper.
- Pour the cake mixture in to about ⅙ of the way up.
- Cover with a sheet of parchment and lid.
- Cook on low heat for 4 - 5 hours until the cake is cooked through - the top may still be a little tacky but check if the cake is done by inserting a skewer into the cake - if the cake is done, it will be clean when removed.
- (MICROWAVE) - Grease a mug with butter and pour cake mixture into the mug to just under half way.
- Cook on high for 2.5-3 mins until the cake has risen.
- Serve with whipped cream and sprinkles.