- 1 pint shucked oysters (about 8 large oysters)
- 1/2 cup corn meal (aka "fine polenta" in Europe)
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- Thick tortilla chips or potato chips
- Drain oysters and roll lightly in cornmeal. Set aside while you heat the oil.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high.
- Fry oysters for about 1 minute on each side until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper and sprinkle with salt.
- Assemble "nachos" with chips, remoulade sauce, fried oysters.
- Garnish with pickled jalapeños and/or sliced green onion.