- 1/3 cup spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- Cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup light-flavored oil (canola, light olive, safflower, sunflower, etc)
- 1/4 cup minced celery hearts and leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Up to 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients through black pepper.
- Stream in oil slowly, whisking, to form an emulsion.
- Add all other ingredients, adjusting for salt and heat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups sauce and leftover sauce will keep in refrigerator a week. This sauce also goes well with fried fish and french fries.