- For the Choux Pastry:
- 80g soft flour
- 80g butter
- 150g hot water
- 4 beaten eggs
- To Decorate:
- 300g custard
- 200g fresh cream
- Powdered sugar
- Take the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Combine the butter and hot water in a heat-resistant glass pie dish and stir, melting the butter. Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Once combined, heat in a microwave at 600w for 4 minutes and stir.
- Add the beaten eggs in 4 portions and mix well each time.
- Once well combined, pull the mixture to the edges of the dish, creating a hole in the centre. Sprinkle with water and place in the oven for 40 mins at 190 degrees.
- Once baked allow to cool and carefully remove from dish and slice in half.
- Pipe the custard and fresh cream on the lower half of the ring and add the strawberries and mint. Top with the upper ring and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.