‘Pasta’ Made Of Mozzarella
Is this pasta really pasta when it's made entierly of cheese?!
- 115g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 jar store bought pasta sauce
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Put the mozzarella to a glass bowl and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until melted. Alternatively you can place the glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt this way. Cool the cheese for about 30 seconds, then stir the egg yolk into the melted cheese.
- Turn the mixture out onto greased baking paper and place another piece of greased baking paper on top of the mixture. Spread the mix out with a rolling pin or press it down with your hand until thin.
- Once cool, remove the top piece of baking paper and cut into thin strips. Place the “pasta” on a cooling rack and refrigerate for anything from four hours to overnight - it will harden and become more rigid, which is when you know you’re good to go!
- To cook, take the ‘pasta’ out of the fridge and place in boiling water for one minute, then drain and run room temperature water over the pasta to prevent it from sticking.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and a grating of parmesan cheese.