- 85g plain flour
- 30g ground almonds
- 25g icing sugar
- 55g cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g ground almonds
- 150g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- Few drops almond extract
- 2 x 420g cans peach slices, dried
- 2 tbsp peach jam
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- To make the pastry mix the flour, ground almonds and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter between your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Roll out to a circle on a flour dusted surface then line the tin.
- The pastry is fragile due to the almonds so it may split and crack a bit, but just patch it up.
- Prick the base with a fork and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line the tin with greaseproof paper then fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove the beans and bake for a further 5 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a large bowl then spread in the base of the tart.
- Arrange the peaches on top in a decorative pattern then bake for 35 minutes or until the filling is set and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Brush the tart with the jam and sprinkle over toasted nuts just before serving.