Peanut Butter Empanadas
Peanut butter empanadas. Do we need to say more?
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 75 grams peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 sheet store bought puff pastry
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 50 grams milk chocolate buttons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix your cream cheese, peanut butter and icing sugar until combined and set aside.
- Taking your largest cutter, cut out 6 discs from your bought pastry, and set on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll each disc out so that its big enough for you to stuff with the filling.
- Place a couple of tablesppons of the cream cheese and peanut butter mix on one half of each pastry circle, and top with sliced banana and chocolate chips. Brush beaten egg around the edge, and then fold over. Using a fork to crimp the edge. Repeat on all empanadas, and place onto your lined baking sheet.
- Brush each empanada with beaten egg and the sprinkle with sugar, and dust with cinnamon, then place in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until they're golden and puffy. Remove from oven and leave to cool slightly before eating.