Peanut Butter Hearts
Who doesn't want peanut butter-filled chocolate hearts for Valentines day? They make the perfect gift for your loved one!
- 300g white chocolate
- pink gel food colour
- 65g smooth peanut butter
- 15g unsalted butter, room temp
- 30g icing sugar, sifted
- raspberry jam, to taste
- To decorate:
- edible dried flowers
- Melt 150g of the white chocolate in the microwave. Add as much or as little pink gel food colouring, to reach your desired colour, and mix until evenly combined.
- Decorate the bottom of your 12-heart silicone mould with the sprinkles and dried flowers until they cover the base. This will form the top when we push them out later. Pour in the melted chocolate filling ⅓ of the mould. Place in the fridge until set.
- For the peanut butter filling beat together the peanut butter, butter and icing sugar until smooth and well mixed. Spoon into a piping bag and snip a hole at the tip.
- Pipe a heart with the peanut butter filling into the centre of the set and cooled hearts making sure to leave a small border around the edge for the top chocolate layer to settle.
- Fill the centre of the peanut butter heart with raspberry jam, use a piping bag for ease. Place the hearts in the fridge to firm up.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate and create a pink marble effect by mixing in the leftover melted pink chocolate.
- Pour this into your moulds filling all the way to the top. Take a long palette knife and scrape it across the moulds removing any overflowing chocolate. Place in the fridge to fully set before popping the chocolate out of their moulds. Enjoy :D