Pear & Hazelnut Crumble Muffins
All the best bits from a fruit crumble and a muffin!
- 2-3 pears
- 1 egg
- 120 milliliters milk
- 3 tablespoons veg oil
- 180 grams plain flour
- 100 grams soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100 grams blanched hazelnuts
- For The Crumble
- 50 grams plain flour
- 75 grams butter
- 50 grams oats
- 100 grams caster sugar
- Dollop of yoghurt and honey
- Peel the pears, cut into quarters, remove the core however you wish, and cut each quarter in half again.
- Mix together the sugar with the oil then beat through the egg, until the colour begins to lighten.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla and fold through the flour with the baking powder.
- Roughly chop your hazelnuts and add in your crumble ingredients to a bowl with your chopped nuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease the muffin tin, or line with cases if you would prefer, and fill 3/4 of the muffin holes with the mix.
- Place your pear slices on top of the muffin mix.
- Top with the crumble mix and any extra hazelnuts and bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Once cooled slightly, plate with a dollop of yoghurt and honey.