- Serves 6
- 6 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped into 1 centimeter pieces
- 25 grams light brown soft sugar
- 100 grams plain flour
- 50 grams butter, chilled and diced
- 50 grams light brown soft sugar
- 25 grams oats
- 600 milliliters custard
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- In a bowl, mix together the pears and brown sugar. Divide the mixture between 6 large ramekins, spooning over any juice.
- To make the crumble, place the flour and butter in a bowl and, with your fingertips, rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and oats.
- Spoon the crumble over the pears and press down lightly. Place the crumbles on a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Warm the custard in a saucepan then add the chocolate pieces. Stir until melted and well combined. Serve right away with the hot crumbles