- 2 egg yolks
- 40 grams parmesan
- 170 grams spaghetti, cooked and water reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely slices
- 100 grams pancetta
- Olive oil
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti till just al dente. Carefully take out one piece of spaghetti and see if it sticks to the wall. Meanwhile whisk the egg yolks together with the parmesan and a good pinch of pepper.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the pancetta on a medium pan. Once the fat starts to render, add the garlic so it cooks in the fat. Only do this for a minute so the garlic doesn't burn. Add the pasta straight into the pan, reserving the pasta water for later and this will help make the sauce.
- Toss the pasta in the pan so it's totally coated, then take off the heat. Quickly stir in the egg and parmesan mix coating the pasta with the mixture. Now add a small amount of the hot pasta water a spoonful at a time to the pan to make it more saucy.
- Season and serve with extra grated parmesan and pepper.