A staple up and down South America, this Peruvian Ceviche spices things up with some unique ingredients.
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (Juice of 5 limes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Aji sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 pound fresh sea bass, skin removed
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 ear corn, husked
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Finely dice the jalapeno, removing ribs and seeds.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Combine the lime juice, jalapeno, aji sauce, garlic, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together, set aside until ready to use.
- Thinly slice the onions into half moons.
- Add the red onion to a bowl; cube the fish into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until the fish turns opaque and firm.
- Peel and slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Cut corn into 2 inch round sections.
- Add sweet potatoes and corn to steamer basket set over 2 inches of water in a medium saucepan. Steam for 8 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove and cool.
- Transfer the steamed vegetables and fish mixture to plate, top with fresh cilantro.