Peruvian Mussels With Corn Salsa
Are these not the most beautiful mussels you've ever seen?
- For the mussels: 1 dozen mussels, cleaned and 1 cup beer.
- For the salsa: 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup tomato, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili peppers, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place mussels and beer in a pot, and cook on medium heat. Once all the shells have opened, turn off the heat and set mussels aside to cool.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove one half of the mussel shells, place on a platter, and spoon the salsa over the remaining mussels on the half shell.