Pesto and Cheese Twists
Come on baby, let's do the (pesto and cheese) twist
- 1 Garlic clove
- 30 grams Pine nuts
- 30 grams Fresh Basil leaves
- 50 grams Parmesan, grated
- Up to 90 milliliters Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 80 grams Cream cheese
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Parmesan to decorate
- Add pine nuts to a dry pan over a medium/low heat. Cook the nuts until golden brown, stirring frequently. Once golden transfer to a bowl.
- For the pesto blend together the crushed garlic, toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and parmesan in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper and add almost all of the oil. Blend until well incorporated. Add more oil for desired consistency.
- In a bowl mix the pesto with the cream cheese until evenly combined.
- Cut pastry sheet in half short ways and spread pesto over one of the halves leaving a small border around the edge.
- Place the 2nd half of pastry on top of the pesto half and cut into strips short ways.
- Place the strips onto a baking tray twisting the strips at the top and bottom.
- Lightly brush the twists with egg and place in the oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle over extra parmesan.