- 1 whole baking camembert
- 2 sheets puff pastry, cut into 30cm circles
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Cut both sheets of pastry into 30cm circles. Place one circle of pastry on the prepared baking sheet then spread with the pesto, keeping the very centre clean. Place the second sheet of pastry directly on top, then cut out a cheese sized hole in the very centre. Place the camembert cheese in the hole you’ve just made. Cut the circle of pastry into 16 equal segments, from the outside in. Lift one segment, twist once to the right and place it down. Then lift the segment next to it and twist once to the left and place it down. Keep going around, alternating the direction of the twist. Finally, bring up edges of two segments with opposite twists and press together.
- Brush pastry with the egg wash. Make 3-4 slits on top of the cheese and then drizzle cheese with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.