- puff pastry sheet, ready-made
- egg, beaten
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 2 medium salad tomatoes
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- For the tomato and ricotta puff pastry tart, roll out the sheet of puff pastry and cut it in half lengthways. Using a sharp knife score a 1-inch border around the edge of the pastry and brush the border with beaten egg. Prick the middle of the puff pastry with a fork. This will turn the edges nice and golden and keep the middle from puffing up too much in the oven.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and puffed. Score around the border again with a sharp knife and press down the middle of the tart. Smooth over a nice layer of ricotta cheese.
- Top with sliced tomatoes that have been seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle over some pesto before placing it back in the oven for around 8-10 minutes. Slice and enjoy :D