- 200 milliliters Pimm's, plus a dash
- Juice and zest of 2 lemon and 2 oranges
- 75 grams icing sugar
- Bunch of mint
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 200 grams trifle sponge fingers
- 1 large punnet of strawberries (about 700g)
- 100 grams strawberry jam
- 1 large pot double cream (600 milliliters)
- 600 milliliters vanilla custard
- Mix together the Pimm's, 75 grams icing sugar, citrus juices, half of the mint and cucumber in a bowl. Blast in microwave for 30 secs at a time until the sugar's melted. Leave to infuse for as long as you can and then strain.
- Stick two trifle sponges together with strawberry jam. Dip into the juices and arrange round the sides and bottom of a trifle dish. Pour over the rest of the syrup and leave it to soak.
- Slice some of the strawberries in half lengthways and place cut side out around the dish in a circle above the lady's fingers. Chop the others up however you like and pop on top of them. Pour the custard over the berry layer.
- Whip up the double cream and dash of Pimm's until soft peaks form. Pick off small mint leaves and pop them on top for garnish. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.