Pineapple Fried Rice
A sweet tropical infusion into this stir fry classic.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 3 cups day old cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, small cubes
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 chili peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 lime
- Black pepper
- Thai soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- Sliced cucumber for garnish
- Oil for pan
- Cut pineapple in half. Use a small knife to create a well in one half. Remove the flesh of the fruit and cut into small chunks. Set emptied pineapple aside.
- In a pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic, chilies, and scallions. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add chicken and continue stirring until thoroughly cooked and browned. Then stir in whisked eggs.
- Add tomatoes, cashews, and rice. Break apart the rice, and the add soy sauce, fish sauce, lime, sugar, and black pepper. Stir in pineapple chunks and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve in the hallowed out pineapple with cucumber and lime.