Create a refreshing Pineapple Picante using Smirnoff No. 21.
- 100ml water
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 red jalapeños, roughly chopped with the seeds left in and tips reserved for garnish
- 50g fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 50ml spicy syrup
- 75ml Smirnoff No 21
- 50ml lime juice
- Dehydrated pineapple flowers
- Fresh red chilli tips
- 50g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of chilli powder
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar, water and chopped chillies.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for approximately 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid has become a syrupy consistency. Remove from the heat, strain and cool.
- Once cooled, add the syrup and pineapple pieces into a shaker and muddle together.
- Then add the vodka, lime juice and a few ice cubes. Place the lid on tightly and shake vigorously.
- OPTIONAL: Pineapple flower garnish: Remove the pineapple skin along with all the eyes and cut into thin slices, approximately 5mm thick. Lay the slices onto kitchen paper, place another sheet on top and lightly press down to remove excess moisture.
- Arrange the slices onto a wire rack and bake for 1.5-2hrs at 100 degrees centigrade until the pineapple has dried out.
- Thread the tip of a chilli, (without going all the way through) a pineapple flower and two pineapple fronds onto a toothpick to create the garnish.
- Rim two tumblers with a mix of caster sugar, lime zest and chilli powder. Pour the cocktail into the tumblers and garnish with the pineapple flower.