Piping a Rose on a Cupcake
How to pipe a beautiful rose on your cupcakes!
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Buttercream Frosting
- Red Food Colouring
- Green Food Colouring
- '1M' Piping Tip
- '104' Piping Tip
- '352' Piping Tip
- Buttercream Recipe:
- 110 grams Soft Butter
- 450 grams Icing Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
- 3-5 tablespoons Milk
- Whisk the butter until it is light and fluffy (3 min). Add the icing sugar in 3 parts, scraping down the bowl in between in addition.
- Add the milk until you have a stiff frosting and continue to whisk for another 3-5 min.
- Remove a small part of the buttercream and add green food colouring. Add red food colouring to the remaining buttercream.
- To pipe the rose, start by piping a small base in the
- Centre of your cupcake.
- Holding the narrow end of the 104 piping tip facing upwards, pipe arching lines around the centre of the bud. Each line should start slightly behind the previous line you have piped.
- The first row around the bud should have 3 petals, the second 5 petals, and the final row should have 7 petals.
- Then using your 352 piping tip, pipe small leaves around
- The outside, filling in any of the gaps.