Pistachio, Raspberry & Rose Cake
This cake is so good, it'll make you wish it was your birthday!
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225 grams self-raising flour
- 90 grams pistachios
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup
- Pink food colour (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Punnet of raspberries
- Double cream, 600 milliliters
- Dry white wine
- Lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Rose petals, to decorate
- Whip butter and sugar together until really fluffy. Slowly add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, rose syrup and colouring if using. Fold through the flour and then the chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180.
- Dissolve the caster sugar and lemon zest into the wine and lemon juice. Add the cream and whip to soft peaks.
- Squidge the raspberries a little bit and add to half of the cream. Use this to sandwich the cakes together when they're cool.
- Spread the rest of the cream over the top of the cake. Decorate the top with the rose petals and raspberries.