Now you can eat your pizza like an ice cream (chocolate Flake optional...)
- Makes 4
- 220 grams pizza dough
- 16 slices Pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons passata
- Handful basil
- 150 grams Mozzarella grated
- 200 grams sliced mozzarella, from a block
- 25 grams Butter
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Start by making the tinfoil moulds for the cones. If you have a cone shaped cups or something similar that is suitable and covered in tinfoil. If not, cut the tin foil into squares and then foil in half, point to point so it's triangular. Half again and again until it's around the size of an ice cream cone. Then fill out the middle of the triangle and make into a cone shape so there's no hole in the bottom. Fold the bottom of the cone inwards so it can stand. Repeat so you have four cone moulds.
- Half the dough and roll each one into a thin rectangle and then cut in half. Brush with melted butter. Wrap the dough around the cone in a similar way as before. Make sure there are no cracks or there's not a hole in the at the end, remember not to fold the ends of the dough inside the cone mould. Repeat with the remaining three cones.
- Place in the oven for about 6 minutes to cook the dough but not to colour. Take them out and let them cool slightly so they can be handled, and remove them from the cones. Now start layering up with the fillings. Use the cheese to fill any cracks then spread the passata around the inside. Continue filling and finish with cheese. Using the cone mould, fold it up so the top of the cones rest slightly upright and the fillings don't all fall out.
- Place back in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the dough was coloured and the cheese has all melted.