Pizza Pot Pie
The Pizza Pot Pie Is the cheese filled bowl of meatballs you never knew you needed. Pizza or bowl? You decide!
- 500g strong bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sachet fast-action dried yeast (7g)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 125g minced pork
- 75g n’duja
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 400g cooking mozzarella
- 200g provolone slices
- 200g grated cheddar
- Large jar pizza sauce
- Put the flour in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the yeast on one side of the bowl, and salt on the other.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and mix through.
- Pour in the water and stir to combine, then switch on the dough hook and mix for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a clean bowl, cover, and let it rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- In a clean mixing bowl, combine the pork mince, n’duja, garlic paste, fennel seeds, dried chilli and salt.
- Mix into a paste then shape into 3cm balls.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and tip in the meatballs - cook for 5 minutes until browned and almost cooked through, then remove from the heat to cool.
- Knock the dough back and divide into four.
- Roll it out into a circle 6-8 cm bigger than your pie dish/ramekin. It should be about 1cm thick.
- Grease your pie dishes then line the bottoms with thick slices of cooking mozzarella.
- Add in sliced provolone and grated cheddar, then divide the meatballs among the pie dishes.
- Fill the dishes up to 3/4 full with tomato sauce then add a final layer of provolone.
- Cook the pizza pies for 20 minutes until the dough has browned and risen slightly.
- Put a plate on top of the pizza pie and tip it over to invert the pie on the plate.
- Prise the dough away from the pie dish and remove the dish.
- Top with garlic chives if you like, then serve.