We've combined the best bit of a Pizza and a Quiche to bring you a cheese packet pastry you're sure to love.
- For the pastry:
- 150g chilled butter, diced
- 250g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60-80ml cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the filling:
- 6 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- 150ml double cream
- 200g grated mozzarella cheese
- 400g block cooking mozzarella, sliced
- Small jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Put the flour and butter into a food processor and blitz until it starts to look like breadcrumbs - don’t over-process it or the butter will warm up too much.
- Add 70ml chilled water and pulse a few times until the pastry starts to come together - if it looks too dry add a tablespoon of water to help it bind.
- Tip the pastry out and shape it into a ball, then wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll the pastry out to fit your tin, including a 2 cm overhang all the way around.
- Line the tin, crimping around the top edge to secure it, and prick the bottom with a fork. return it to the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (160C fan). After the pastry case has chilled in its tin for 30 minutes, line the case with parchment and fill with baking beads or dried pulses.
- Blind bake the case for 15 minutes, then remove the baking beads and parchment, egg wash the inside of the case, and return it to the oven for another 15 minutes, then putting it to one side in its tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and cream. Stir in the mozzarella, then pour it into the pre-cooked pastry case.
- Cook the quiche for 30 minutes, then remove it from the oven and cover it with slices of cooking mozzarella. Spoon a few tablespoons of tomato sauce onto the pizza, and spread a thin layer across the cheese, then add the pepperoni and oregano.
- Return the pizza quiche to the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes minutes before serving.