This is what happens when a pizza and a waffle fall in love 😍
- 300 milliliters warm water
- 25 milliliters warm milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 7 grams easy bake yeast
- 400 grams '00' flour
- 100 grams semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Eggs, optional
- In a glass mix together the warm water, milk, olive oil, sugar and yeast and leave for a few minutes until foamy.
- Add flour and salt into a large bowl and whisk together until incorporated. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour the foamy wet ingredients into the well and stir together with a wooden spoon. When you can no longer stir the dough, tip it out onto a clean surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Grease the large bowl with butter and place the dough back in. Cover with cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes to an hour or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, punch down the dough and give it a little knead. Separate dough into desired serving size and heat up waffle iron.
- Stretch out a piece of dough and place it onto the hot waffle iron. Top with passata and mozzarella and top with more dough.
- Secure edges as much as possible by pinching the two pieces of dough together.
- Pull down the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes or until golden.
- These pizza waffles are best enjoyed straight away. I like to serve mine with an egg, sunny side up. Enjoy :)