- 1 plantains, peeled and finely sliced
- 100 milliliters vegetable oil, for light frying
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 mild hot peppers, seeded and deveined, diced or sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and heat. Carefully fry the plaintain chips in batches until caramelized and golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Draining them on kitchen towel while you prepare the rest.
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, red onion, chili peppers, and lime juice, stirring to combine. Add the olive oil and chopped cilantro, season to taste.
- Serve the plantain chips topped with the salsa and extra coriander to garnish.