Strawberry and Marshmallow Pop-Tarts
This delicious filling combo will get you popping for joy
- 1x ready rolled pack sweet shortcrust pastry
- Egg wash
- Strawberry Jam:
- 250 grams strawberries, hulled and halved
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Marshmallow Fluff
- 100 grams icing sugar, sifted
- 10-20 milliliters milk
- Gel food colour (optional)
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- For the jam place the strawberries into a pan and lightly mash. Add sugar and lemon juice and heat until sugar has dissolved then bring to the boil.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes until the mixture looks tacky and has thickened. If using a thermometer it needs to reach 'jam'. Leave to cool.
- Roll out pastry and cut into two strips lengthways. Cut strips into rectangles.
- Spread Marshmallow Fluff onto each rectangle making sure to leave a border around the edge.
- Top with jam and place another pastry rectangle on top. Press fork around the edges of the pastry to seal. Prick top with fork.
- Place into a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 15- 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- For the icing, mix together icing sugar and milk until desired consistency. Drizzle over pastry and decorate with sprinkles.
- Enjoy :D