- 300 grams pork loin, cut into pieces
- Handful unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Skewers to serve on, if using
- Start by heating a medium pan on a medium heat. Add to this the peanuts and dry toast. Roughly chop and set aside.
- In the same pan heat the sesame oil in a large pan add the onion and garlic and cook slowly until softened. Add the chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add in the peanut butter and coat the softened ingredients. Add the honey, mirin and soy sauce. Place the pork into a suitable mixing bowl and cover the pork in half the sauce to marinade. Leave for as long as possible but at least 15 minutes.
- After this time, add the pork back to the pan on a medium-high heat and cook until the pork is cooked through and beginning to turn golden. Add the remaining sauce for a few minutes until piping hot. Dish up, the pork on skewers if you wish, and sprinkle over the toasted chopped peanuts.