Portobello mushrooms make these meatless fajitas meaty.
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- For serving:
- Small flour tortillas
- Mexican crema to serve
- Crumbled queso fresco to serve
- Lime wedges to serve
- Hot sauce
- Cilantro to garnish
- Season portobellos with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook mushrooms in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Season sliced peppers and onion with salt and pepper. Add to the same pan and cook until softened and slightly charred.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas, crema, queso fresco, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce.