Portobello Mushroom Pizza
Why put the mushrooms on the pizza when they can BE the pizza?!
- 3 Portobello mushrooms
- 3 vine tomatoes, sliced
- Pesto sauce:
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 grams pine nuts
- 30 grams fresh basil leaves
- 50 grams Parmesan, grated
- 90 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Add pine nuts to a dry pan over a medium/low heat. Cook the nuts until golden brown, stirring frequently. Once golden transfer to a bowl.
- For the pesto blend together the crushed garlic, toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and parmesan in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper and add almost all of the oil. Blend until well incorporated. Add more oil for desired consistency.
- Create a ring for the mushroom to sit on by scrunching tin foil into a circle.
- Place a mushroom on top of each foil ring and top with passata, mozzarella and sliced tomatoes.
- Place in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh pesto and enjoy