Posh Afternoon Tea
Georgia gives us a lesson on creating the ultimate British afternoon tea!
- 1 pack filo pastry Melted butter
- Quails Eggs 1 bunch fresh chives
- Caviar Scones, cut in half
- Clotted cream Your favourite jam
- Edible rose petals Rose water
- Mini lemon tarts Melted chocolate
- Edible gold leaf Cucumber sandwiches
- Flatten out one sheet of filo pastry and brush with melted butter. Repeat 3 times with 2 other layers of
- Pastry. Once coated, cut into squares, it should leave you with
- 20 squares. Place 1 square into a muffin tray then layer another square at the opposite angle so there is even space between the corners of the pastry.
- Cook at 180C for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil the quails eggs for 1-2 minutes and put straight into cold water and deshell.
- Cut the eggs in half and put them into one muffin case.
- Top each tart with 1/2 teaspoon of caviar and sprinkle with
- Fresh chives. In a bowl combine the rose water and clotted cream.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe on one-half of a
- Scone. Add a teaspoon of jam and sandwich with the other half. Pipe some more cream on top and sprinkle with some gold leaf and edible rose petals.
- For the lemon tart simply add some melted chocolate to a piping bag and engrave your tarts with a design of your choosing.
- Serve your tea with some cucumber sandwiches.