Potato Base Pizza
The gluten-free pizza that's better than everyone elses!
- 6 medium potatoes
- Olive oil
- 100g grated parmesan
- 400g cooking mozzarella, sliced
- 200g cooking mozzarella, grated
- 100g smoked provolone cheese
- 1 small jar tomato sauce
- Handful pepperoni slices
- 50g grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Put the potatoes on a tray, rub them with with olive oil then sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 60-90 minutes, until the skins are crispy and they’re soft inside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, split them open and remove the inside.
- Use the skins to line a cast iron pan.
- Mash the inside of the potatoes with the grated parmesan, then add that to the potatoes and shape to create a deep pan crust.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes
- Add the mozarella slices, then the grated mozzarella and smoked provolone.
- Spoon a thin layer of tomato sauce over the cheeses, then add the pepperoni slices and a final grating of parmesan.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 200C, until nicely browned and bubbling, then serve.