Potato Terrine with Tarragon Mayonnaise
Quite possible the best chips you'll ever have
- 6 Chipping Choice Potatoes
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter
- 4 grams Table Salt
- 1 bunch tarragon Picked
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 grams Sunflower Oil
- 3 grams Salt
- 1 grams white pepper
- Thinly slice potatoes 1 centimeter thick and place in layers in roasting tin, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and pour over the potato layers.
- Place another tin over the layers and compress, cook in the oven at 160 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked chill in the fridge for an hour until firm.
- Remove from the tin and cut into 2x5 centimeters rectangles.
- Deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
- For the Tarragon Mayonnaise
- Drape a cloth over a saucepan and place bowl on top (for support).
- In the bowl 2 egg yolks, tablespoon spoon of English mustard, 3 grams of salt and 1 gram of white pepper, whisk until fluffy and slowly add sunflower oil, keep whisking until mayonnaise consistency.
- Finely chop tarragon and add to mixture.