You'll erupt with happiness after trying these volcano-inspired snacks
- 3 roasting potatoes
- 6 slices of bacon
- 70 grams cheddar, grated
- 60 milliliters sour cream, plus extra for serving if you wish
- Small handful of chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Rub the skins of the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and salt. Place in the oven to cook for about 30 minutes, turning half way to ensure they are crisping all over. Take the potatoes out when they are crisp, and cut off both ends. Scrape out the medium of the potatoes but make sure not to go all the way through the potato so there is still a layer left at the bottom. Add half of the potato filling to a medium to a bowl, discard the other half, then stir in the sour cream, add the cheddar apart from a large handful, and the chives. Stir until well mixed and season to taste.
- Fill the potato shells with the mixture using a teaspoon and making sure to really pack it down. Repeat with the remaining potato shells then finish with the reserved cheddar. Wrap each potato in 2 slices of bacon, holding them in place with cocktail sticks.
- Place them upright on a tray and turn the oven to grill. If you want the bacon to be crispy spray or brush with a little oil and cover the top of the potatoes with a piece of tin foil, then place the tray under the grill for about 8 minutes or until the bacon is cooked.