- 350g turkey mince
- 1 large banana shallot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 550g large Maris Piper potatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 30g butter
- Small bunch of parsley, leaves chopped
- Finely chop the shallots and mix with the garlic and the mince. Season and then roll into small ping pong sized balls. Place in the fridge.
- Peel and half the potatoes and boil in salted water for around 15 minutes, until completely cooked through and tender.
- Brown the meatballs in a large frying pan on a medium/high heat in a little oil. Be sure to turn so they are brown all over. Turn the heat down and add the stock to the pan, deglazing it to get all the flavours.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the balls are cooked through, then add in 2 tbsp of the creme fraiche, a pinch of salt and pepper and half the parsley.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter and the remaining creme fraiche and season. Serve the meatballs with the sauce, creamy mash and garnish with the remaining parsley.