Prawn Coconut Curry
Who doesn't love a curry? Prawns and coconut make this special
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 lemongrass, grinded
- Thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, grinded
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 green chilli, halved, deseeded and sliced at an angle
- 600 grams king prawns, raw, peeled
- Handful chopped coriander
- Juice 1 lime
- Fry onions in a pan until soft and slightly golden. Add the grind lemongrass and ginger, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric and ground coriander. Mix well to combine all the flavours.
- Add the chillies and tomatoes and continue to cook and stir with a splash of water for about 5 minutes. Season with fish sauce and black pepper.
- Pour over a can of coconut milk, mix well and bring to a gentle boil. Once it is bubbling away, add all the prawns and stir together for about 4 - 5 minutes or until they become pink and cooked.
- Serve with chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime.