- 100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 500g strong white flour
- 1 x 7g sachet of instant yeast
- 7g salt
- 40g caster sugar
- 230ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 400g Nutella
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 100g royal icing sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Place the butter and flour into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until fairly well combined. Add the salt and mix. Heat the milk very gently until lukewarm and take off the heat. Add the yeast and sugar and add to the dry mixture, adding the eggs at the same time. Mix on low with the dough attachment for 5 - 10 minutes until the dough has become silky and smooth.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with cling film, and let the dough rise until doubled in size (about an hour, but up to two). Gently push down the dough, turn out of its bowl and roll out into a large rectangle, about 45cm x 30cm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Spread Nutella over the rolled out dough and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Cut the dough into 4 lengthways and place lengths on top of each other.
- Then cut into 8 squares. Place squares into loaf tin, cover and allow to prove for 35 - 40 minutes or until nearly twice their original volume. Brush with milk then bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the royal icing sugar and water to form a paste with a drizzling consistency - you may need to add water to achieve the right consistency. Take the rolls out of the oven and drizzle with the icing.