Pull Apart Pumpkin Spiced Loaf
Our cinnamon pull-apart loaf just got an Autumn upgrade! This is the perfect dish for family and friends to share!
- For the loaf:
- 50g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 x packets Jus-Roll cinnamon rolls
- 1/2 of a 425g tin of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 150g icing sugar
- Few drops cold water
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C fan). Grease a 2 lb loaf tin with butter.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and lightly sprinkle over the butter in the tin - you will have some left.
- Unwrap the cinnamon rolls from their packaging and lay out on a work surface - you may need to re-distribute the cinnamon filling along the length of the rolls.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, remaining cinnamon brown sugar, other spices and vanilla paste together in a medium bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the remaining cinnamon sugar then add the rest to this bowl and mix through. Divide this mixture between the 4 lengths of dough.
- Spread the pumpkin filling out over the dough with an angled spatula and place the dough strips on top of each other, so that you are left with a stack of dough.
- Slice the dough stack in half and then each half into half again so you are left with 4 stacks of dough. Place the 4 dough stacks into your buttered and sugared loaf tin one next to the other.
- Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon sugar over the loaf then place into the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven brush with the melted butter, then leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes.
- To assemble: To make the icing, whisk the icing sugar with a few drops of very cold water in a bowl, until you have a viscous icing.
- Turn the loaf out of the tin, place on serving plate and drizzle over the icing.
- Serve the loaf with whipped cream.