Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
The Topless Baker pimps up his brownies with the help of some pimpk...sorry...pumpkin
- Brownie Mixture:
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter
- 500 grams Caster Sugar
- 100 grams Cocoa Powder
- 100 grams Self Raising Flour
- 4 Eggs
- Swirl Mixture:
- 115 grams Cream Cheese
- 115 grams Pumpkin Puree (Canned)
- 1 Egg
- 25 grams Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Start with the pumpkin swirl mixture. Beat the cream cheese (room temp), pumpkin, egg, caster sugar, ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg together until smooth. Set to one side.
- Melt the butter, sugar & cocoa powder over a double boiler.
- Sift in the flour and add the beaten eggs. Mix to combine
- Spread the brownie mixture over the base of a brownie tin, and then add big dollops of the pumpkin mix. Swirl the pumpkin mixture into the brownie with a toothpick.
- Bake at 180c for 22-25m or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cook them slightly less for a fudgier texture.
- Allow them to cool in the pan and then serve.