- 200 grams Plain flour
- 50 grams Caster sugar
- 150 grams Unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Strawberry jam
- 4 tablespoons Apricot jam
- 4 tablespoons Blackcurrant jam
- Start by making the pastry. Place the flour and sugar together in a bowl. Rub through the butter so the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add in the beaten egg and work into the crumbs so it starts to come together.
- Bring all the mix into a dough. Flatten slight and cling. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Using individual tart tins cut out suitable size circles. They need to be a couple of centimeter bigger than the case so there is enough pastry to cover the sides. Fit each one into the cases and cutting off the excess pastry.
- Using a small heart-shaped cutter, roll the extra pastry out to 1/2 centimeters thickness and cut out 12 hearts.
- Prick each one with a fork and then place back in the fridge to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and fill the tart cases with a tablespoon of the jam and place the hearts on top. Place in the oven for around 18-22 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp. Serve.