- 2 aubergines
- 2 green courgettes
- 1 yellow courgette
- 2 red romano peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato pesto
- 250g jar tomato pasta sauce (arrabiata etc:)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Slice all the vegetables thinly on a mandoline and set aside.
- In a saucepan set over a medium heat, fry the crushed garlic for 1 minute until fragrant then add the thyme leaves, pesto and pasta sauce. Cooked until warmed through then pour into the bottom of a large circular dish.
- Begin to stack the sliced vegetables, alternating between them, on their sides into the dish, nestling them into the tomato sauce, forming concentric circles in the dish. Really pack the vegetables in as this is what will hold the pattern in shape. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper , then cover with tin foil and place into the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes until the vegetables are completely soft and cooked through. Serve on plates with crusty bread for mopping up the sauce.