- 70 grams self raising flour
- 70 grams jumbo rolled oats
- 70 grams unsalted butter
- 70 grams golden caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons red food dye
- 30 grams white fondant
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add in the oats and sugar. Mix together.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan with the golden syrup, making sure it's just melted and combined.
- Fold the melted butter mix into the dried ingredients and give it a good stir. Add in the vanilla and stir this through.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Soften the fondant in your hands and flatten slightly. Add a bit of food dye to the fondant and fold through. Keep adding a bit at a time until you have the colour you want. Alternatively, you can use coloured fondant.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Break off a small ball of the red fondant and push into the cookies so it's totally covered. Place on lined baking trays, and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on the outside but still a bit squidgy.
- Leave to cool slightly if you can wait!