Microwave Red Velvet Cake Bites
Yes, it is totally socially acceptable to have 60 of these cakes in one go
- 50 grams Unsalted Butter
- 150 grams caster Sugar
- 10 grams Cocoa powder
- 1 Large Egg
- Red gel food colour
- 150 grams Plain flour
- 125 milliliters Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon White wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Cream cheese icing:
- 100 grams Cream cheese
- 50 grams White chocolate, melted
- 20 grams Unsalted butter
- 20 grams Icing sugar
- Add butter, caster sugar, cocoa powder and the egg into a bowl and beat until combined.
- Add a small amount of red gel colour and stir until evenly incorporated. It may not look red just yet but it will once you've added in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the buttermilk.
- Pour the bicarbonate of soda into the white wine vinegar, let it fizz before adding it to the batter.
- Finally sift over the plain flour and salt and beat until all combined and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into espresso cups filling half way up. You may want to line the cups with baking paper to stop the sponge from sticking.
- Place in the microwave for 2 minutes on half power and then 20 second intervals until the sponge is springy. Leave to cool.
- For the icing beat together the cream cheese, melted chocolate, butter and icing sugar until smooth.
- Once the cakes have cooled. Carefully remove them from the cups by running a knife around the edge.
- Spoon icing on top and decorate with some excess crumbs from the sponge.
- Best eaten straight away, enjoy :D