We searched the internet for the most outrageous retro dessert and here it is...
- 1 gelatine sachet
- 115ml hot water
- 175g mayonnaise
- 160g double cream
- 2 packs orange jelly (270g)
- 450ml boiling water
- 300ml cold water
- 70g mini marshmallows
- 1 can drained mandarins
- 2 bananas, sliced
- lettuce, mini marshmallows and mandarin to decorate
- Sprinkle gelatine over hot water and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool before mixing with the mayonnaise. Whip the cream to soft peaks and combine with the gelatine and mayonnaise.
- Pour mixture into a bundt cake tin or large jelly mould which has been lightly greased with vegetable oil. Place in the fridge to set and form the first layer.
- Pour the boiling water over the jelly cubes and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the cold water and place the jelly in the fridge until it has slightly thickened.
- Add the marshmallows, mandarin and sliced banana to the slightly thickened jelly and stir until well mixed. Pour jelly over the set first layer. Leave in the fridge until completely set.
- To serve garnish with lettuce, mandarin and mini marshmallows around the jelly and then it’s ready to enjoy :D