- 250 grams rhubarb
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 300 milliliters whole milk
- 300 milliliters double cream
- Ginger nuts - to serve
- Put rhubarb and 4 tablespoons sugar in a baking dish with 3 tablespoons water. Cover with foil and bake at 180c until rhubarb is tender, around 10-15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Put milk on to the heat until just below boiling. While heating, whisk together egg yolks, cornflour, 1 tablespoon caster and vanilla paste. Once milk is just bubbling, pour slowly over the yolk mixture and continue whisking to incorporate.
- Pop back into the pan and whisk over low heat until it thickens. Leave to cool.
- Whisk double cream until soft peaks form. Fold custard through gently and then add rhubarb and combine to a ripple effect.
- Drizzle over some of the cooking liquor from the rhubarb and crumble ginger nuts over the top if wished.