- 130 grams Plain Flour
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 200 grams White caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 400 grams Cream cheese
- 80 milliliters whole milk
- Unsalted butter for greasing
- Serve with a raspberry coulis
- 200 grams raspberries
- 80 grams caster sugar
- In a large bowl mix together 120 grams sugar and the egg yolks. Beat in the cream cheese, make sure it isn't too cold. Stir in the vanilla and milk. Once well mixed,
- Sieve in the flour.
- In a separate bowl whisk, the whites into soft peaks add in the sugar and whisk into stiff peaks. Then fold this to the first mix.
- Grease the bowl of the rice steamer and add in the cream cheese batter. Set the cooker to heat, according to the instructions. Cook in the rice cooker for about 1-1.5 hours, depending on its settings.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan on a medium heat, cook down the raspberries with the coulis sugar and a splash of water. You want the sugar to dissolve but the raspberries not to lose their shape completely. Set aside to cool once ready.
- The cake is done when it is cooked but wobbly, it should be golden on top when you flip it out. Sieve the coulis and serve along side.